SurgiMend products have been studied in a broad range of clinical applications. Peer reviewed and published clinical references are listed here, grouped by clinical application.
- Adelman D, Selber J, Butler C. Bovine versus porcine acellular dermal matrix: a comparison of mechanical properties. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2014 May .
- Booth JH, Garvey PB, Baumann DP, et al. Primary facial closure with mesh reinforcement is superior to bridged mesh repair for abdominal wall reconstruction. J Am Coll Surg. 2013.
- Clemens M, Selber J, Liu J, Adelman D, Baumann D, Garvey P, Butler C. Bovine versus porcine acellular dermal matrix for complex abdominal wall reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Jul;130(1S):64.
- Ghali S, Turza K, Baumann D, Butler C. Minimally invasive component separation results in fewer wound-healing complications than open component separation for large ventral hernia repairs. J Am Coll Surg. 2012 Jun;214(6):981-9.
- Janfaza M, Martin M, Skinner R. A preliminary comparison study of two noncrosslinked biologic meshes used in complex ventral hernia repairs. World J Surg. 2012 Aug;36(8):1760-4.
- Lineaweaver W. Improvement of success rates for abdominal component reconstructions using bovine fetal collagen. Ann Plast Surg. 2012 May;68(5):438-41.
- Pietrafitta, J. Laparoscopic hernia repair using biologic collagen matrix. Gen Surg News. 2010 Jan;47(1):12-3.
- Wietfeldt E, Hassan I, Rakinic J. Utilization of bovine acellular dermal matrix in abdominal wall reconstruction: a retrospective case series. Ostomy Wound Manag. 2009 Jul;55(8):52-6.
- Cornwell K, Landsman A, James K. Extracellular matrix biomaterials for soft tissue repair. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2009;26(4):507-23.
- USP 32 Official Monographs. Bovine Acellular Dermal Matrix. United States Pharmacopeia. 2011;32:1701-1704.