SurgiMend MP is a 2mm thick acellular collagen matrix featuring a macroporous design that facilitates fluid drainage. SurgiMend MP provides the strength and support for complex hernia repair.
Perforations in SurgiMend MP allow for tissue revascularization and integration, and play an important role in hernia repair.
Non-Inflammatory for Better Reinforcement
- Does not elicit an acute or chronic foreign body inflammatory response that leads to the implant’s degeneration; SurgiMend is without preservatives, denatured proteins, artificial chemical crosslinks, cells, lipids, carbohydrates and other constituents, all of which can induce inflammation.
- Type I and Type III collagen; No added preservatives
Abundance of Type III Collagen
- SurgiMend is derived from young healthy tissue that contains three times more Type III collagen than other acellular dermal matrices
Terminally Sterilized, Safe, and Consistent
- Free of potentially antigenic antibiotics and terminally sterilized
- Derived from only well-defined and characterized source tissue with respect to age, mechanical strength, structure, and composition
Rapid Cell Repopulation and Vascularization
- Intraoperatively, patient tissue-building cells and growth factors are sequestered within the matrix
- The microporous matrix is rapidly revascularized to support tissue-building for prolonged reinforcement
The technique video below demonstrates abdominal wall reconstruction with retromuscular repair with bilateral TAR with using SurgiMend MP.
SurgiMend is intended for implantation to reinforce soft tissue where weakness exists and for surgical repair of damaged or ruptured soft tissue membranes.
SurgiMend is specifically indicated for:
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Muscle flap reinforcement
- Hernia repair including abdominal, inguinal, femoral, diaphragmatic, scrotal, umbilical, and incisional hernias
SurgiMend should not be used for patients with a known history of hypersensitivity to collagen or bovine products.
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.